Today’s post continues the “5 Principles of Self-Publishing” discussion with #3: Always Add Value. Also, I answer a question about the marketing “silver bullet.” (Hint: it doesn’t exist…)
As mentioned in the show, here are the links to the 10 (really 11) books I talked about:
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Tim Ferriss
- $100 Startup – Chris Guillebeau
- Techniques of the Selling Writer – Dwight Swain
- Plot & Structure – James Scott Bell
- Story – Robert McKee
- How to Market A Book – Joanna Penn
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World – Michael Hyatt
- Let’s Get Digital/Let’s Get Visible – David Gaughran
- Your First 1,000 Copies – Tim Grahl
- Welcome Home – Nick Thacker
Also, I mentioned that I’m re-releasing Welcome Home: The Author’s Guide to Building A Marketing Home Base sometime later this year (hopefully), and that I hired a freelance designer to do it for me.
There’s a cool story there, but I’ll just make you wait 😉
Rest assured, I’ll be posting about that release and my process here pretty soon!
Well, what do you think? Leave a comment, and if you enjoyed the show, leave a review on iTunes!